Expect more cross-gen PlayStation games in the future

0
6

Expect more cross-gen PlayStation games in the future

There likely won’t be many true PlayStation 5 exclusives for the foreseeable future as Sony intends to keep its first-party games cross-generational.

During an interview with AV Watch, Sony Interactive Entertainment vice president Hideaki Nishino recently revealed that “forward compatibility” – having PS5 games be compatible on the PS4 – is an “important” aspect of the company’s compatibility plans, as translated by TweakTown.

He added that the transition period from the PS4 to PS5 is expected for take about three years, and in the meantime, the company will continue to supply first-party games to the current-gen console.

Advertisement

“The current assumption is that the transition from PS4 to PS5 will take about three years. In the meantime, how can I keep buying games on PS4? Can the purchased games be played on PS5? That is important,” Nishino said. “At a certain time, we ask developers to develop on the premise of ‘cross generation’ of PS4 and PS5.”

However, not every first-party game Sony will release in the next three years will be cross-gen, like Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Two upcoming titles, the Demon’s Souls remake and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, will only be available on the PS5. Some future releases like Final Fantasy XVI and Horizon Forbidden West are also expected to only be released on the PS5.

Earlier this week, PS5 designer Yujin Morisawa, who is the senior art director at Sony Interactive Entertainment, recently revealed that his original concept for the console was “much larger” than the final product. It was apparently so huge that the engineering team told him to scale it down.

Advertisement

Published at Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:12:58 +0000

Nadeshot, Crimsix and more react to death of ‘Call Of Duty’ player Fero

Notable Call Of Duty players such as Matthew “Nadeshot” Haag, Seth “Scump” Abner, Ian “Crimsix” Porter and more have reacted to the death of Maurice “Fero” Henriquez.

Henriquez’s death was announced on Wednesday (November) by his family through his official Twitter account. His current team, the Florida Mutineers, later revealed the player’s cause of death as “multiple heart attacks”. It’s currently unknown when exactly Henriquez passed.

The professional Call Of Duty player had also been part of popular esports organisations, such as 100 Thieves, Team Envy, Reckless, Team Kaliber and more, prior to his death. Many of his former teammates and other professional players have since paid tribute to Henriquez on social media.

Advertisement

“The Call of Duty world is hurting tonight for you, Fero,” said Haag, former CoD professional player and current CEO of 100 Thieves. “Let this be a reminder to all of us how fragile life can be so we can continue to cherish the friendships and memories that we’ve created over the last decade together as a community.”

Crimsix, one of the 2020 World Champions under Dallas Empire, said that Henriquez was “a good person and also a true competitor”. He added: “Everyone liked him yet everyone also respected him as well. He probably never knew this but I always wished that I could be more like him in that regard.”

Other CoD world champions that have paid tribute to Fero include Jordan “JKap” Kaplan, Seth “Scump” Abner, James “Clayster” Eubanks and more.

Advertisement

The official accounts of his former teams – 100 Thieves and Team Envy – have also paid homage to Henriquez.

Advertisement

Published at Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:02:42 +0000

advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here