The live update—2.2.4—not only addresses several issues relating to the game’s infrequent crashes, foes showing up at far-to-reach places, but it also addresses ray tracing performance in the Air Sphere.
We have just deployed update 2.2.4 to both the PC & PS5 versions of Godfall!
Players should not experience any down time but will need to close and re-launch the game for the update to be enabled once installed.
— Godfall (@PlayGodfall) December 9, 2020
Here’s what to expect in the 2.2.4 live update:
• Solved an issue where the host of a multiplayer match would incur a blank screen if a player in the party had not yet unlocked the boss encounter.
• Solved an issue in multiplayer when the user browsing a menu during a cutscene would be stuck outside after the cutscene and display the character with placeholder textures.
• Added additional logic around enemy spawn locations to prevent enemies from appearing in inaccessible spots on the map.
• Solved an issue where Objectives would not update properly.
• Solved an issue that could cause ranged enemies in the Tower of Trials to move to attack from melee range instead of the appropriate ranged distance.
• Also solved an issue where enemies would lose target tracking of players in the Tower of Trials.
• Solved an issue where simultaneously killing the last set of enemies in the Tower of Trials could cause enemy waves to stop spawning.
• Solved a ray tracing issue in the Air Realm that caused a disproportionately negative impact on framerate.
• Also solved a rendering crash that could occur when browsing the personal menus.
• Solved a crash that could occur with an internal spatial significance system miscommunicating with the server.
• Added game server capacity in Singapore, Sydney, and Canadian regions for increased multiplayer stability.
PlayStation 5 Only
• Tuned HDR output settings to reduce overexposure & bloom
According to the team at Gearbox Software:
While not our final score for Godfall, we’re reserving the opportunity to adjust the tally for Godfall based on the endgame content. If it somehow redeems the lackluster loot that players will carve through during the campaign, that number might change. Otherwise, go into this one looking for some quality swordplay and subpar swords.
Godfall is a brand-new, next-gen looter-slasher, set in a bright fantasy universe filled with heroic knights and arcane magic. Embark on an adventure in a fantasy action RPG that utilizes high-impact third-person melee combat to engage players as they hunt for loot, don legendary armor sets, and defeat vicious enemies.
Godfall is currently available on PlayStation 5 and PC globally. The game is portrayed as an acceptable next-gen feature but, certain issues prevent it from being among other AAA titles.
Published at Fri, 11 Dec 2020 03:30:47 +0000